1/52

OURHISTORY

In 1922, to alleviate the growing student population in Memphis, a new public high school was constructed in south Memphis.  This school was appropriately named South Side High School.  The history of South Side is multifaceted.  South Side High School was organized as a public high school and was originally located on Richmond Avenue as part of the Memphis City School System.